« Back to All Topics
Why can't I download tanx
Posted in 
Tanx
Posted in 
Tanx
Can someone please tell me what I need to do in order to  download tanx. I have 2 years left on my subscription. I had tanx on my computer at one time. When I try to download I get a message that say, "This program has been damaged possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus."
> I have 2 years left on my subscription.

How many 
YEARS
 does your sub last ? 
it may be ur pc blocking the download
hey mate look at your spyware sometimes there 2 strong  and that could be why.  It can be that strong it can do more harm than good.
You said you had tanx on your computer at one time.

How did you remove it? did you use the unis000 file or another way?

You may have part of the download still installed and its messing things up.

I checked my tanx folder and found files in it like IS-4SMAC.OMP, IS-5V6DK.OMP, IS-T1ARB.OPM

Sometimes you can uninstall a program and depending on how you do it, some of it will be left behind.

I would suggest doing a search for a "Tanx" folder on your computer and see what you find.

You may even find the old download file "TanxInstall" and be able to use that.

[Edited by: A Happy Little Elf on Dec 25, 2006 5:20 PM]
I subscribed for one year two times in the same year
Thanks for the info. my spywear settings appear to be ok to me. I think.
I have the same problem. But I had been using the downloaded version for years and suddenly it got that same message

I have uninstalled it and downloaded and reinstalled it a bunch of times and it still doesnt work.

I know this is no help but at least I know I'm not the only one now.  Everything else works except Bearshare which gets the same message
@Undisputed

Wanna make a tread with a download link for PC version of Tanx? :)