« Back to All Topics
Fouls - Cheap?
Posted in 
Billiards
Fouls - Cheap?
Posted in 
Billiards
Fouls - Cheap?
Does anyone agree that during a game of snooker, if a good shot is made and the person just taps the white out of the snookered position, that it is quite cheap?

E.g. Say I snooker someone, and they tap the white across the table, not attempting to get out of the snooker, and therefore usually only giving away 4 points.

Shouldn't there be a "replace" option in snooker for simply this reason only, as this would be severely penalised in real snooker?

Thanks
Panther

In real snooker I believe there is an option to pass the shot, so they can do that as much as they'd like they will only lose points...as for anything else I believe that is the only rule in effect for snooker.
What about the foul and miss rule...?
Sorry, the foul and miss rule was what I was referring to with a cheap way to get out of a snooker and only lose 4 points, instead of going for it and possibly losing 7. The player should then be able to replace the white ball, as this is a way of cheating as it would not be done in real snooker because eventually the person would have to go for the ball instead of giving away unlimited number of fouls.
Would love to see it implemented myself, but its been said before that it's difficult to judge a foul and miss, also bringing in that may mean the free ball rule would have to e taken into consideration.

If the programmers could do it then i would put my name down for it to be brought onto the game :)
Look whose talking ?

Listen up Panther !

It was you who tapped and played pro fouls against me all game long !!!

So dont piont with yr fingers at others, when u yrself are the culpret !

Btw, after I won, he started abusing me !
Excuse me!?

I am on about if someone plays a good snooker and then to get out of it the opponent simply taps the white back into view.

As far as our game is concerned, im not going into that, as you simply tapped until i got bored, so i made a shot, potted, ended up winning and then you start moaning and i think you got a demerit? If not, you should have.

Now, back to the TOPIC that this is about, yes Chris, free ball would have to be implemented but I think this should be taken into consideration sooner than later as many cheap players *cough* are getting away with this instead of losing a few more than 4 points.

Enough Said.

Panther
I also think the game would be more realistic if there would be a "replace" option, but dont think anything will be done...(as usual)
Anybody who taps in this online version of this great game can only be described as blatantly lame. You see most of the professional do this but normally only when they have no choice, obviously they have ranking points and thousands of pounds worth of prize money to think about. This is just a poxy game, deliberate tapping which I see a lot, by all ranks - is just pathetic! There is no re-rack, no respot, no freeball - just play the game as it has been designed. The players who tap all the time will be easy to remember, because if you're like me at all, you would have been angered a great deal - so just mute those players and play with the rest of us who enjoy the game and play for the spirit and fun it was intended..
Yes, I agree that they should be muted and not played again. Although for their own punishment for doing it... the replace and freeball rule should be introduced :p

Panther
i have been asking for this rule to be implemented for over a year. such a simle thing to do.
and it exists on other snooker sims
what else is there to say
This rule applies to any shot where the cue ball's first contact with a ball is with one that is frozen to a cushion or to the cue ball itself. After the cue ball makes contact with the frozen object ball, the shot must result in either: 1. A ball being pocketed, or; 2. The cue ball contacting a cushion, or; 3. The frozen ball being caused to contact a cushion attached to a separate rail, or; 4. Another object ball being caused to contact a cushion with which it was not already in contact. Failure to satisfy one of those four requirements is a foul.

So  in my own opinion i say tapping shouldnt be allowed. only in tournies that say tappaing is allowed . then it is ok. but  very seldom you will see a trny that says tapping is allowed . So in agreement  with panther i totaly agree on tapping not  being allowed 110% 
OBJECT BALL FROZEN TO CUSHION OR CUE BALL
This rule applies to any shot where the cue ball's first contact with a ball is with one that is frozen to a cushion or to the cue ball itself. After the cue ball makes contact with the frozen object ball, the shot must result in either: 
   1. A ball being pocketed, or; 
   2. The cue ball contacting a cushion, or; 
   3. The frozen ball being caused to contact a cushion attached to a separate rail, or; 
   4. Another object ball being caused to contact a cushion with which it was not already in contact. Failure to satisfy one of those four requirements is a foul. (Note: 14.1 Continuous and other games specify additional requirements and applications of this rule; see specific game rules.) A ball which is touching a cushion at the start of a shot and then is forced into a cushion attached to the same rail is not considered to have been driven to that cushion unless it leaves the cushion, contacts another ball, and then contacts the cushion again. An object ball is not considered frozen to a cushion unless it is examined and announced as such by either the referee or one of the players prior to that object ball being involved in a shot. 

hope this helps panther . i know this isnt fod rules but it is national snooker  rules. if one is going to play snook rather it be in real or at fod they  should follow the real rules

Thanks Friday. Maybe OP or someone will have a look and realise that its vital to have this so minimize cheap play.

Panther
in the real game the ref decides if there was a fair attempt to hit the object ball. this would easily be implemented by having a target zone around the object ball which the white must enter or the shot is deemed a foul and a miss, thus stopping the pathetic people who cheat and ruin the game. this target area could be the diameter of 3 or 4 balls for example. surely a simple bit of programming.
Dr Zappa 
not realy m8 . if thr payer  calls a safety  then it is a legal shot ;) 
can tell you've never done programming before Zappa, not that easy lol. I wouldn't like to be doing it put it that way
Why? It wouldn't be hard...Did cue ball go through target area of any necissary object ball, yes or no. If no then foul (or whatever you were talking about, wasn't really concentrating) is given.
>Why? It wouldn't be hard...Did cue ball go through target area of any necissary object ball, yes or no. If no then foul (or whatever you were talking about, wasn't really concentrating) is given.

correct, wouldn't be too hard, it's getting the focus on the neccessary ball whats the hard bit, and deciding the size of the "target area" in proportion with the tables, plus the nomination of colours would have to be implemented which to be honest I don't see FOD doing
friday you are missing th epoint read the whole thread before you comment.

and digi you seem to be suffering from schizophrenia, make your mind up is it easy or hard?

the whole game is based on the computer knowing where balls are, i.e. when they contact each other.

it is exactly the same to create a round area (very similar to a ball) where the ball has to reach or the shot is deemed a foul.

and yes FOD will never do anything as they never do

wont stop us all suggesting things though will it.
Dr Zappa   ya well mayb i am missing the point but no need to unsult ppl in here :) ty
it will be easy and hard if that makes sense, because the programmer has to determine that the ball was attempted for.. e.g. if someone snookered behind the yellow, they could push through on the yellow and reach the target area, and if it wasn't programmed it this could be classed as a attempted shot, plus theres determining the size of the target area and again calling a colour would have to be added. The easy parts is stuff like the calling of a colour.. the harder parts is making decisions to a degree where everyone on the game would be satisfied and everything is done fairly.. which would be very hard to do lol
I didnt insult or unsult you

if anything my friend you were more offensive in your first post than iwas in my secong as iwas merely stating correct facts whilst you were attampting to put me down when in fact it was you who was missing said point.

Am i insulting you now?
digi.........

snookered behind the yellow needing to hit the last red at the other end of the table.

if contact is made with another ball it is a foul

the radius of the afore mentioned zone could be relatively large, say half the width of the table.

it would still be better than the way it is now

personally i dont see a problem
plz let me quote you on your insult DR.   ( 
and digi you seem to be suffering from schizophrenia, make your mind up is it easy or hard?

the whole game is based on the computer knowing where balls are, i.e. when they contact each other.

it is exactly the same to create a round area (very similar to a ball) where the ball has to reach or the shot is deemed a foul.

and yes FOD will never do anything as they never do

sounds a little bit insulting to me ;)
Friday, let me see, seeing as you are Lil Cute Devil, Pat, Lise, any of the above..

Dont START on telling people what an insult is or whos insulting who..

If I'm correct, you should be perm banned, although you probbaly begged your way back in, seeing as this is allyou seem to do.. day in, day out.

Unlike some of us, who check out the forums from time to time, I RARELY play anymore, and wont be playing at all soon enough.

Anyway,

Dont moan about insults and not when you were the one telling OP he is crap at banning you because you have over a thousand nicks or something?

That DESERVES an insult.

There you have it

:)
lol im not  devil or  angel lol
I quote:

Hallo Panther !

Indeed great news for all of us, that you dont play much lately !
Because its u, who is one of the most annoying, most provoking and unfair players in snooker light !

You are the one, mods should look after, because u play pro foul each time ur snooked.

When u lose, u start being abusive.

Btw, stop acting like a mod ! 

Now then, lets see...

1. Incorrect - >>Because its u, who is one of the most annoying, most provoking and unfair players in snooker light !

That individual.. or group of individuals would be that of Orphan Kid and Co.

2. May I add that you are hiding behind a new nick.

3. >>You are the one, mods should look after, because u play pro foul each time ur snooked.

When I am snookered, if you had any brain cells, you would notice that I always attempt to get out the snooker, hense the reason that I started this topic... but of course, someone of your calibre would not have noticed that.

4. >>When u lose, u start being abusive.

Any proof of this would be greatly appreciated. The only time(s) I become abusive, is when a group like your own clan start on me, or start on a friend, in that case, rules go out the window and I defend the person(s) involved. Its called friendship and respect. Learn it.

And finally...

5. >>Btw, stop acting like a mod !

That is the one thing I have never been interested in doing. I am not self centered, stuck up, judgemental, racist, nor am I a lot more that are the characteristics of mods.

However, you, accusing me of all of the above, must be tryint to act 'cool' or 'show off' to someone.. I have no idea who that is... but as long as you enjoy your 'online pool time' and your internet 'abuse' I will know that you are a pathetic, puny, little moron with no friends, and no life, hense why you are on here, hiding behind nicks, and abusing people out of line.

Now

Have a nice day,

:)
Hahahaha, ur funny Panther !

Writing such long answer proves clearly that you feel guilty and caught ! ;)

I guess the truth hurts !!! ;)

Furthermore you proved to all of us in the last part of yr answer, that I was totally right, as you again started being abusive, even here in the forum, which we all cannot tolerate.

You can ask anyone in snooker light, no one likes you, due to bad temper and low attitude as well as unfair manners ! ;)

i have to say panther has been sound to me .....
I like him, if I come to snooker lite does that count? I think your just jealous cos you can't play for ****.
lose Rise, we all know that u are Panther ;)

yeh panther you are quite right about that i think it is really unsportmanlike to tap!!!!!!!!!!!!
>lose Rise, we all know that u are Panther 

Pmsl, you obviously don't know an awful lot to make those kind of assumptions. :|
I know more as u can imagine ! Ty muted ;)