« Back to All Topics
Robber Challenge: 800 Level Traps
The challenge is simple: get into my house.  There are three 800-level traps waiting for you.  As for which type they are and in which order they will appear, I suggest you try and figure that out by averaging the attribute scores of all robbers with 200 robbing ranks or higher.

I live on the block which is two blocks west of the Larkinor market:

[img=
http://gs5.flyordie.com/larkinor/i/world/larkinor/62.gif
]

My house, which has a capacity of about 10,000 kgs, is packed absolutely full with 100 size-50 piles of all sorts of items... some very valuable, some very cheap.  Among the very few things I actually store in there for my own benefit are over 2000 TA potions, and (at the moment) over 27,000 magic nubs.  I should mention, however, that those nubs will be disappearing rather quickly as I'll be spending my time building the Teleport Gate while this challenge is going on.

You are welcome to keep anything you can get your hands on of course, but what you get while you're inside will not be your real prize.  The first person to get into my house will earn themselves a market transfer of 50 million silvers.

Good luck everyone!

Sandy

i got more then 50 million!I got 68 million!what if somebody rob your house with lots of thing?
That mean it will Damage 1600 hipoint!Cool!
Sandy...

Your 'prize' is most generous!

Mega was 'limbering up' in the Dark District this morning.
Good luck to all!

-B
tempting...oh so tempting...

Cinder

(Considering his retirement)
C'mon C, dust off those crowbars!

we miss you!

-B
Nice Challenge ... to give a few of you hope - Legal Eagle just got through one 800 trap before being squished by the next :p. 

Now to wait for Sandy to homeport again.
> Now to wait for Sandy to homeport again.

There is no requirement for me to "reset" until someone actually gets through all three traps.

I'm glad you posted your partial success though.  Hopefully others do the same.  I'm very curious to find out who can get through which traps, and how often the house is actually encountered.

Sandy

Out of curiosity, (sorry I dont know your characters) but which has the capacity for 800 level traps!?

Spidey
Callum... thanks to a whole lot of antigrav thingies.

Sandy

Must also be a random luck factor ... this time the first one got me. For anyone who is interested in the trap type -

"Suddenly you find yourself in a fallinggrate trap! (800)"

As a side note ... if you leave you attribute points undistributed (e.g. on level up) does anyone know whether they remain "lose" and so could allocate to the trap in question or just have no effect? I doubt it but remember people suggesting this on a few of the missions, where insufficent dexterity for mages on the boss.

Suddenly you find yourself in a 
fallinggrate trap
! (800)
You crouch down to force the bars open, and after a little while you manage to lift them just enough to crawl out!
You activated a 
blademachine trap
 while looking around! (800)

Suddenly you find yourself in a fallinggrate trap! (800)
You crouch down to force the bars open, and after a little while you manage to lift them just enough to crawl out!
You activated a blademachine trap while looking around! (800)
You avoid the blades skillfully, but in a while one of them hits you. Your stiff body collapses on the dusty floor...
The neighbors find you. They search your pockets hastily, and throw you out of the flat!
Well at least I came past 1 of them:D

Affe3
The Youngest Robber In Town
You activated a blademachine trap while looking around! (800)
You avoid the blades skillfully until the machine stops!
You've activated a i'llnevertell trap! ... (800)
You hop quickly, but an arrow hits you. Your stiff body collapses on the dusty floor...

So close Sandy :p

-Prince K
hmm... seems sandy's traps may not stand up as long as he had hoped.  at least if we consider that someone has gotten past 2 of them already, within the first 24 hours.  and it seems that ralph gave away more info than he had bargained for... which tells me that prince k actually has a pretty good chance of getting in.  of course, there are many upper-lvl, non-robbers who would have an even better chance if they picked up robbing, and for 50 mil, they might if they knew who they were.

as to kms' comment about random luck.  there is absolutely no question about it.  my "robber" (who isn't really a robber... just my digger who has robbed a bit for the fun of it... and is now close to lvl 75 robbing) has 90 luck, and yet has still sometimes got caught on a lvl 1 manasuker.  other times, he gets through ones that are a few hundred.

--jason
Don't give up!  I'm upping the reward to 
55 million
!

Sandy
Not even through the front door...*sigh*

You struggle for a while trying to force the bars open, but then you realize that you are a prisoner...
The neighbors find you. They search your pockets hastily, and throw you out of the flat!

> The neighbors find you. They search your pockets hastily, and throw you out of the flat!

I really should thank those guys for all the help.

Sandy
60 million!

Or is anyone even trying anymore?!  

Sandy

Jalina tried...the issue is that there are so many cute city guards distracting her and she just can't seem to stay focused.  
I'm still trying daily but it's a though challenge;)

Affe3
The Monkey In Me
Well I robbed you of 14 birds feathers and two pearls and later you robbed me back while i was robbing you (screen said elemental essence)and took my breathing cornerstone and diamond nails and even my crowbars...what type of trap is that in your house that could take my stuff even with insurance?  This was a first for me, Pretty interesting, the character was my digger with a 50 robber level who had 3000 steps put aside for such a challenge...done dug did this around 3:30 ohio time 11-6.All my characters have been hammering away at your house and ran through about 4000 steps.Hope you cana shed some light on whats going on.Thanks Clegh
You even got my essence pebbles though...Oh well will have to get those again too.had either 3-4 of them never thought i would lose those by robbing someones home.Well hope you can use them since I do not have them anymore either.Clegh commenting on done dugs predicament now. Thanks
clegh used his 4000 steps and got a pan pipe without fighting one are you the only inhabited house on that corner? until it tells me i have robbed you by name, maybe i should just not be concerned with the anomalies.
Clegh, not sure what you're talking about with respect to "me" robbing from you while you were attempting to rob me.  Traps (regardless of level) definitely would not do that.  It seems most likely that a theif helped themselves to the contents of your backpack while you were otherwise engaged.

And as far as mine being the only house on the block, wouldn't YOU move your house off this block if you had one on it?

Sandy
oh yea,did it say that i robbed your home yet since I guess the feathers would be yours then and two pearls? I had no idea what to expect from your traps,also other theives never entered my mind since I thought we all were trying to get to your home before you left. Thanks Clegh
clegh ...sandys house isnt the only one on that square ;) i think 2 of mine are but i know for sure one is...
Being at such a low level of a robber maybe I cannot get into sandys house as usual only the more advanced will get those ducats of silvers.And did not mean to rob your feathers arctic ,and all those nails were good for the characters though to progress through the game. Will work on getting my 5 million per character the old fashioned way by earning it.Clegh
no problem :p its all part of the game :)
For the sake of clarity, neither clegh nor anyone else has made it through my traps yet.

And since today marks the start of the 4th week since the challenge began, I'm upping the reward again:

65 million!

Sandy

Now Really Sandy:p who can even carry 65 mil if they DID get it?

*reminds lusha to read the whole post before replying*

i believe sandy said earlier the prize for getting in is whatever they end up getting PLUS 50 mil cash to be transferred.  now that has been increased to 65 mil cash transferred to you if you can get in.  does that change your outlook on trying to get in? ;)

--jason
I still cant get past the front door with my robber. Working on it though.
Another week, another 5 million:

70 million
!

Sandy
lol good point jason. but who said i wasn't trying anyway?
Okay, I planned on increasing this by 5 million per week, but then I forgot a week, and is an extra 5 million really making a difference in the amount of effort being put into this?  Is anyone even trying anymore?!

75 million
... where it will stay for a while.

Sandy

I live on the same block and I guess when they were trying to rob you well...They got mine lol..Or does it work that way? Or do you get to pick which house to rob
Sandy,

Mega is still trying.

Although, due to his stats, I do not believe he will see your living room for some time.

-B

He does peek in the window from time to time, so I would recommend a robe.  :p
of the top 100 robbers, mega probably has pretty close to the best chance of getting in.  keep at it, and i'm sure it'll happen sooner or later :)  now, some non-robbers would have a better chance, but they probably won't pick up robbing just for that :p
--jason
pffft id pick up robbing for 75 mil :| thats if i had a high enough fighter:p
Rofl I'm such a noob that the only reason why I would try this (if I could) was to find out how to efficiently do a market transfer(I have 1.5mil+ on my digger to go to my fighter fund)
Whoops!! Sorry!!

When you find the size of the pile big enough, you look through it to find something valuable...
You stuff the following things into your sack: 4 extra mana potions.
A glimmer catches your attention to the ground! You append 4 diamond nails to your loot.
After rummaging through the junk, you realize that 
Trolli lives here!
 You hear a sudden noise and leave the house.
8355 experience points earned!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!
So close, yet so far . . . .. :)

Suddenly you find yourself in a 
fallinggrate trap! (800)
You activated a 
blademachine trap
 while looking around! 
(800)

You avoid the blades skillfully, but in a while one of them hits you. 
Your stiff body collapses on the dusty floor...

Anyone manage to get in yet?
ML
While you wasn't home Cinder has robbed your house. Following things are missing: 11 bird's feathers, 13 bone daggers, 5 lapis lazulis, 14 butterfly wings, 14 magic splinters, 14 unicorn's horns, 12 silver horseshoes, 8 denim shirts, 6 nannysnail gobs, 14 kithrills, 6 dragongrasses, 12 vari amuletts, 12 forms and 18 ambergrises.

Congrats, Cinder!  12 weeks... what took you so long!?  Honestly now, about how many rob clicks did you spent on my block?  And how many times would you say you found my house, got through the first trap, and got through the second trap?

In case you were wondering, no traps were broken.  Never-the-less, it's still time to upgrade my traps (813!) and move my house!

Apparently I owe you a little cash!  Look for me on MSN or in chat.

By the way, you only managed to hit a few of the more valuable "robber fodder" piles, and got none of the TA stuff that I was trying to protect by using those piles.  Here's a complete list of what is left.

50 portions of rations
50 slings
50 maps of Larkinor 
50 gold nuggets 
50 diamonds 
50 mana potions 
50 cure potions 
50 antidotes 
50 mobilidoxins 
50 aqua deis 
50 steel springs
39 bird's feathers 
37 bone daggers 
50 opals 
45 lapis lazulis 
50 emeralds 
50 rubies 
50 pearls 
50 mosquito wings 
50 lizardskins 
50 acid crystals 
50 cithin daggers 
50 fishbones 
50 magic hulls 
36 butterfly wings 
50 pegasus feathers 
50 underrabit livers 
50 portions of ratfat 
36 magic splinters 
50 buffalobeards 
36 unicorn's horns 
50 pcs. of pan's pipes 
50 strands of lion whiskers 
50 liquid crystals 
50 eyepearls 
50 poison glands 
50 diamond rings 
50 golden hinges 
50 honey balms 
50 goblin coins 
50 vampiric herbs 
50 urchin quills 
38 silver horseshoes 
50 poisonbags 
50 pcs. of copper ore 
50 tin balls 
50 pcs. of iron ore 
42 denim shirts 
50 griffin feathers 
50 silver tusks 
50 mana bands 
50 pcs. of njukug whiskers 
50 njonjoz teeth 
44 nannysnail gobs 
50 dragonscales 
50 eyelids 
50 magic toothpicks 
36 kithrills 
50 throwing daggers 
50 centroliums 
50 hyperiums 
50 great mothshields 
50 dragon eyes 
50 dragon hearts 
44 dragongrasses 
50 holy symbols 
50 eardrums 
20 nucleuses 
76 wonderflasks 
50 giganails 
50 airspells 
50 firespells 
50 tendons 
133 treasures 
50 phantomeyes 
50 manquills 
50 necrospells 
50 snakerattles 
50 daemonteeth 
50 antifeelers 
11742 extra houseparts 
50 daemonzanzas 
50 phoenixfeathers 
50 harpy braids 
50 esteticums 
50 haemoglobins 
giantsteel destroyer 
kentsteel destroyer 
50 spores 
50 knots 
38 vari amuletts 
mengornian destroyer 
skivian destroyer 
50 lashes 
915 diamond nails 
660 oreputtys 
20076 magic nubs 
50 eye-pits 
191 extra mana potions 
2960 recovery drinks 
50 impskulls 
50 blood clots 
38 forms 
artiner destroyer 
50 hour-glasses 
50 hooks 
50 piles of junk 
50 photogenoms 
20 universal keys 
thordi destroyer 
emerald mortal 
ruby mortal 
diamond mortal 
dispro mortal 
junkhelm 
50 hacukas 
50 magnets 
50 small pillows 
32 ambergrises 
50 musical notes 
artiner curser

This challenge is officially over, there is no second prize!

Sandy
Just had a look at my sub status and I've used 26 days, and I reckon I was subbed for the last 3 weeks of the challange, so it took me about 7 weeks, not that it makes it sound any better. 

I make it about 50k clicks robbing I've used since your challange began. I made a point of spending 100 clicks on your block then 250 on others before coming back. Can't be ignoring the other punters now can we?!?!

So thats about 14k clicks I think on your block.

Sorry didnt count how many times I saw your first, second and last trap, all I can tell you is that I went three days without seeing any of them at one point, and my best ratio was hitting your last trap about four times inside 200 clicks.

Cinder.