« Back to All Topics
MISSION IDEAS / SUBMISSIONS
We are in need of some new ideas for missions. This thread is for players to post their ideas for new missions to be created.

Ideally a mission should be based around a thread. However it does not need to be.

Feel free to post your ideas in THIS THREAD ONLY with as little or as much details as you wish. The best of them will be looked at more closely, with a view to converting those ideas into new pub missions.
oops...i meant based around a theme, not a thread. I musta left my brain in the basket on the way in this morning

A Steve Irwin type theme, answering questions about animals.  Would require a little research.
Although I like the 'Steve Irwin' concept, I like this one more....  a low level pub mission that requires knowledge of where to go for answers to questions instead of asking them on the forum.

Do both ;-)
one bbased on history could be even general history
But Monty, if it's based on medieval history and they get it wrong, will you give them a D-? ;) 
Maybe you should help edit those...or write them...
If you want a few themes - maybe tie missions to buildings other than the kings palace 

- e.g. a mission tied to nautical themes (e.g. sailing directions/points, types of knots) with monsters such as the ugly mermaid, medusa, and crab.  

- e.g. forest entrance, questions and blurb relating to trees, famous forests etc with appropriately themed monsters.

Given previous threads a larki (or RL) food mission may also be quite fun (though people would probably want it to be a little different in format to the forges pub mission)
Oh, and ideas:
-I like easter eggs (something that doesn't need to be done in the mission, but can help you out)
-a time-travel theme
-a haunted house theme
-a sea mission (need a boat to get to it)

I'm not sure how the programming would work for these ideas to be carried out:
- have a square where after defeating a monster, at some further point would have a monster reappear there...
-only allow past points if there's a certain quality, easily achievable (wearing some specific armor, going with no armor, having 99 curse, or 99 poison and needing to defeat a certain creature in that condition)

And since I'm a non-sub, I would love it if new missions were King's ones...

I would like to see a mission that is geared to us female players.  Kind of a reverse of King's Mission #35 The Assassin's Tree. 
When I thought missions I thought ;\ "winecellar".

You order a beer… a hooded figure comes towards you and speaks, “Ah, you’re back.”  He slips a note to you across the crowded counter. Before you can look back up he is gone.

You should know better by now not to trust these sorts of things, you think, as you rip open the envelope. You read…

Adventurer, I have left some unfinished business in the distant land El-Kumeidra, which needs prompt settling. Being a man of great importance living on this backwater island, it is currently not possible for me to take care of it myself without raising alert to certain spies who may be lurking about. On one of my estates, the underground wine cellar has been swarming with all sorts of wicked witches, as well as dragons, who seem to have acquired a taste for my brut collection. I have tried hiring daemontamers but to no avail; dragons and witches are not daemons. If you can clear out the cellar and bring me some proof of it, I may make it worth your while.

You turn to read the other side of the paper and discover a map, stating that once you enter the designated labyrinth area, you will be teleported to his foreign wine cellar.

Suggested reward: 3000 silvers, some wonderflasks, and perhaps a kind of drink that boosts stats more than a flask? (A fancy wine, of course!)

Suggested Monsters: Adult 7-headed Dragon, Adult Flamedragon, Adult Shade-Dragon, Adult Goldendragon, Mengornian Witch, Larkinorian Daemontamer, Parsian Witch.

Suggested “Invincibles” :  Animated Pub, Adult Guzzling Machine.

:D:D:D - Gen3wrastle
And almost forgot the mission "proof" item, a case of o'Gleeb brand wine ;)
The Pubs on Larkinor are the best,I have been treated with every type of elixir and respect by the courteous pubsters on larkinor. I honour them all with a bit of useful information bout a spell equivalent or not to steal in the fighters quarters area or covertly, over a beverage, I inform them of secret and urgent missions.  I have been appointed a seal by Lord TA our king which allows me to be in every pub and to continue my ruse as a poor wayfarer at the mercy of an adventurer willing to buy one such as myself a small beverage for the knowledge I might impart. Ah the missions, I take careful thought and research to have only the right mission for the right minded who is ready to test their mettle and gain more than just a few paltry silvers for their efforts. In strictest confidence they all are tended pawns for our king TA, but the mission takers are without this knowledge as they readily hop to the mission every time. The deadly daviano is making me speak now and what I am about to confide in you and have told you already dies with you if I ever hear it spoken of while I am alive, because loose lips sink ships and I must speak about this last mission that I am sending every able bodied person too, in case I come to misfortune myself before the King knows who goes, but it weighs heavy on my conscience and it deals with the mages.  For some time now the king has been aware that more and more powerful mages have been gaining power here on larkinor.  Buying excessive amounts of spell equivalents which are not being cast in the usual approved towers and the kings coffers are not getting full from the charges therefrom, nor the results from these spell castings are being made mention of in the usual circles. I have sent dozens of handpicked mission takers and none have returned.  The king has couriered to me that no word of what is going on has surfaced and that too much time is taking place, without any new information dire and drastic consequences are being foretold. Only results matter! How I hate sending people straight to their deaths or worse. You are telling me you want to go for king and country? You are braver than I, I drink to your victory and see me dear friend on your return with all the details, It will do me good to lift a tankard to your health now and then the drink will be on me. Oh by the way here are a few spell equivalents that might gain you access. 10 vampiric herbs, 5 pegasus feathers,a crumb of knowledge in a very nice velvet pouch.Off you go.... You wonder what these ingredients could conjure but you have seen stranger things like ores thrown into magical fires and the like.  Never trust a mage you were taught, but maybe you better think like a mage to become a better mage.  You make your way to the entrance you think, due to its shimmering glow you are not sure.You find yourself high in a tower overlooking a purple sea, you are not in larkinor anymore, nor kansas for that matter.  You see a brazier being tended by an adept mage,do you bring him your pouch voluntarily, surprise attack him, try to blend in since he has yet to notice you? Or just walk up and say hello? 1)You brought him your pouch and he says just 100 more mission takers souls and the larkinor will be ours forever,He winkss out of sight with your pouch and leaves a dancing faun in his place.2)The battle is on,when you win there is a map to the dungeons written in blood.3)blending in was the best part of being on a mission, you have found a staircase to the dungeons written in blood on the wall with an arrow pointing down and the adept mage did not see you either.4) You should never just walk up and say hello, the adept was concentrating so hard that he threw in too much of an ingredient and was destroyed right before your eyes and all that was left was a gleaming glow of eyes sinking into the brazier. You get to look around and you have found three more ingredients on the ground: 10000 silvers,a breathing cornerstone,1 composium you realize that is building material of sorts you also find a secret passageway down to the dungeons written in blood on the wall. The spiral staircase takes you many days to get to the dungeon...you wonder what you will find and if you will make it back alive. Where is there a purple sea? Not in Larkinor that is for sure. Just about to the dungeons and you get a whiff of every sort of animal and noise too of something caged and in pain... a bleeding unicorn injured but headed your way..you get a glimpse of enormous rats and giant mantises and other starnge creatures only briefly seen in larkinor.Laters from Clegh the dwarf
i thought we could have kind of like a zoo theme..like the diferent animals and stuff like that..i dont know ive been having a sense of writing and ideas faliure lately..
if anyone would like to use this for later use you may
signed YD
and what about a Halloween mission with vampires and whiches and monsters of the kind...or a xmas mission maybe...
jess:D
I am not sure how this would be accomplished, but a revenge theme.

Take the top top 10 robber and theives at a given time and put them, stats an all, in the mission.  

The kings mission could be something like 'cleaning up the streets'

While the real characters keep getting stronger, one could actually go into a mission at some point and get 'revenge' on someone that constantly hits them!