« Back to All Topics
time limits
Posted in 
Billiards
time limits
Posted in 
Billiards
time limits
OK so quick snooker we have 30 sec time limit on shots...decent, although 20 secs would be more than enough to be honest...NOW, what are we gona do about 1 min in PRO??? Its far too long and we have too many Peter Edbons as it is...simply reduce the limit to same as quick or at least knock off 10 secs. It's very simple to do, I cud do it for you.. :p
Hmmm, remember some people are doing other things on there computer aswell as playing FLY, i for one always have Poker and 8 up and appreciate the one minute timer.
Reducing it below one minute would mean many players would be unable to chat and play at the same time unless they are able to type very fast.

Cowen - that's the problem, we don't want to wait for you to make an all-in bet. Whilst you are busy haveing fun elsewhere, your opponent is getting bored.Play one or the other.

Veriac, you can chat in quick snooker so what are you talking about? Type when it's the other person's shot if you are slow!
what about making an option when you challenge a player choosing your time span on each shot?
i dont mean choose after every shot but at the start of game agreeing on a time, 30s 40s 50s 1 min?
And on the same screen, and option for BO3 :D
LOL Beppe, i never call all in, i raise all in :D
Veriac, your comments noted...but to be honest, idle banter like a/s/l, etc should be done in the lobby unless of course you're playing a m8. I can only think of points in favour of reducing the time limit, especially in relation to some players running 2 games simultaneously, which in my opinion is a joke. If you're playing poker or something similar, it's just an insult and a sign of disrespect to your opponent. I personally have lost high percentage of games in which the opponent takes basically a minute per shot and hearing the countdown timer on every shot of your opponent either drives you mad or forces you to resign the game. Peter Ebdon did it and he's a seasoned veteran, must we have the same farce on an online game?? Taking into account the other replies here, I think the option to set the time limit at the start is a good idea as well as the BO3 option, both of which are a simple add on to the software programming. Quick snooker at 30 secs I can live with but 1 min per shot in pro just has to be changed. Not being able to have enough time to chat is not a good enough reason not to reduce the time. If you can't type at a reasonable pace may I suggest going back to school or try typing your life story in 10 games on the trot in quick...sure fire way to improve your typing speed. :p
actually i find the time limits on all pool games very reasonable,apart from any other reasons for this,pool is a game that needs some thought as well