« Back to All Topics
Racism
Posted in 
Off-topic
Racism
Posted in 
Off-topic
Racism
I dont know if this has been mentioned before on here, but I feel the need to say something about this.

There seems to be a lot of racist people coming on the pool site, which is distresing, simply because it seems that fly or die programming allows them to get away with saying a lot of racist remarks openly.

It makes me annoyed that people can use the lobby area as a platform to spurt there unjust views in such a way. 
It also makes me ashamed of being white, which it tends to be white people making all the remarks (sadly so).

It is illigal to stir up racial hatred, so why allow it on here, especially as this is a site that alot of young people use? 

Please post a coment on this, simply to show flyordie that this is an issue thats out there, and is a major concern that needs to be looked into by them.  

Thankyou for taking your time to read this, even if you just leave your name as a sign that you agree with this please do.
it is pointless racism, but there isn't really a lot fod can do due to the amount of diffrent remarks that  are deemed racist
I think they could start to curb the issue by blocking some of the more offencive words, I have never tried, nor wish to test to see if any racist words have a block on, but by the looks of things at the moment theres not any.
If you see racism in chat that 
is
 distressing and it would be nice if we could  stop it immediately, but the next best thing would be to take a screen shot and send it in.  I guarantee you when I see that SS I will take care of it and I am sure the other mods would too.  Maybe if we can mute/demerit or ban many of those some will learn to curb their urges, I only wish we could delete it from their character.
LD
BTW click here if you don't know what to do when a Mod isn't present
LD

BTW click here if you don't know what to do when a Mod isn't present.

http://forum.flyordie.com/thread.jsp?forum=12&thread=30630&tstart=0&trange=30
I am against racism but I am also against the censorship of racism. This is because censorship of racism keeps the racists hidden from exposure. Racism in today's world is more hidden and more subtle. This is how racists thrive and maintain their anonymity. Only through freedom of speech can they be exposed on the public stage. Censorship of racism only serves to keep the racists hidden, but it does not serve to change their hearts.
There is a difference between racism and people who post this stuff to try to look "cool". If it makes you feel better about humanity, most of what you read is posted by kids or immature adults who just think they are being funny. For the sake of punishment, I agree that they should all be treated equally - and not given the space to say such things.
I agree with the thought that racism needs to be put into the public domain so that these issues are delt with, but is a pool game lobby the place for this serious subject to be delt with? I would argue that its not.
Also with the very sad idea that younger people are being racist to look "cool" then I would loose more faith in humanity than I would if it was a person thats mature enough to make there own discissions, simply because there peers must be spurting racist remarks, for these children to be getting it from. 

This is not about my faith in humanity, this is about stiring up racial hatred, which we must all agree is something that is simply unjust, senceless, and plain ignorant. I dont see myself as a campainer of any sort, but this must be an issue that effects everyone.
Thankyou once again for your time that you have given this.
Yeah I agree with Beppe they just do it to look 'cool', I guarentee they would never dare say half the things they say out side the house.
How many people would have said comments to people like, Michael Jordon, Bruce Lee, Mohammed Ali. Athletes, Martial Arts masters etc. If they have no brain cells (i guess that's the majority of these people) they would end up having a rough time ;)
i think fod shud make it if u give any body a racist remark demerit for 1 month no ?'s asked:D:p
Right on! I don't know wat those racists are doing on this site. They should go down to the track an field place and challenge someone to a race.
Chris, Mohamed Ali isnt black...

Charm, Grace, Class,
Kobe
And Bruce Lee is?

I was referring to all creeds and colours anyway ...
Now, Now...Dont go on calling me a racist because im not. And i know many uneducated people will flame me anywayz...

Charm, Grace, Class,
Kobe