« Back to All Topics
shot power
Posted in 
Billiards
shot power
Posted in 
Billiards
shot power
ello, dunno if any1 remember me, i used to play here alot a long time ago, used to be a pink ball in the small snooker table.

started playing agian and saw u now changed to big table (nice one!) but my game has become totaly strange...

when hitting the cue ball, i can now only ever tap it, hit it slowly, hit it medium, or hit it really really hard.  these are 4 very distinct different paces of the ball, and for whatever reason i cannot hit it at any other speed... ever.  i know this because i went on the practise table and just played the white up and down the side of the table from the baulk line and recording where it landed on my screen, and sure enough, it will only ever land in 4 distince areas.  i can hit that ball 1000 times an it will never land in any of the other areas of the table.

this is really frustrating, especially since for whatever reason, the slow pace happens to me on maybe 50% of my shots, meaning the balls often dont reach the pockets.  especially if i try to hit it hard, it hits it slow very often.  and vice versa, i can try to hit it softly, and it hits it as hard as it possibly can.  i've tried changing mouse, i've tried 4 different mouses so far, all of them do the same thing so it cant be that.  Also tried switching browsers, because i usualy use firefox.  it still does the same thing in itnernet explorer though.  There's a silly java online mini golf game that i play elsewhere, and it also uses the speed of your mouse moving forward to calculate how hard u hit the ball.  i get no problem there whatsoever...  i really dont get it :(  

getting to the stage that i want to give up playing again, only maybe 2 months after ive come back.  i thought i just sucked coz i didnt play for so long, now i realise i suck and i cant hit the ball with the pace that i ever want to.

dont suppose there is any other way i can designate how much power i want to use?  coz its not letting me do it with my mouse for whatever reason.
i had the same problem m8, its sun java, works great for pc vesion but on web the shot power is usless, for instance like u say u go for a slow shot to the pocket and it will never reach.

i dont think flyordie have tested sun java properly with the web browser, due to this fact i suggest you download microsoft virtual machine..i've used it for years and i'll never use sun java again till flyordie fix this problem..uninstall sun and install microsoft virtual machine it will be 100% then..if flyordie dont believe sun java has a problem i'll quite gladly do a little movie to show you the difference in power between sun java and microsft virtual machine on the web browser.
ye man ive seen this happen before.. could be a few things, are you subscibed? sometimes when playing without a subscription your game lags causing you to hit as hard as possible even when attempting to hit it soft, also, do you have a ip hider? sometimes that will cause the problem aswell if you do just simply turn it off while playing fod and turn it back on when you are finished playing.. also, try deleting your cookies and temporary internet files atleast once a day, maybe before you go to sleep just delete them.. hope that helped oh and btw, i remember you ;) your name anyway
Only thing I can suggest is to see if you're mouse speed is set to a slow speed, click start, then control panel. click mouse if viewing in classic view or if viewing in catagory view click printers and other hardware then click mouse. Click the pointer options and see if the slider at the top is at a high enough speed.
thanks for the help,

berzerk, i am a computer games programmer and need sun's version of java unfortunately, as i dont want to start finding bugs propping up in my code coz i've changed stuff in my computer :P  wish i could change it to see if that fixes the problem, but i'm stuck with it.

didi, tried changing mouse sensitivity, doesnt make a difference.  oh well :(

i'm not subscribed, do u need to be subscribed to play the pc version?  i'd like to try it to see if that fixes this problem.
Yes you do need to be subscribed... but would it make any difference, I read that you said you went onto practice mode, which is found on the pc game anyway so wouldn't have thought it would make a change? You could always try subscribing, it isn't expensive (just buy the cheapest option, less than £8 i think)

Maybe email support@flyordie.com find out if they support sun java with their web game. 
http://www.flyordie.com/shop.html
 it is only 2 pound a month or 12 pound odd for a year and i found on pc verson there are loads of speeds if you change mouse settings