« Back to All Topics
Suggestions for Moderators about restriction issues.
Posted in 
Technical
Posted in 
Technical
Hello, I would like to give a few suggestions to mods about the new restrictions placed on the forums.

Flyordie, I just dont think its right to restrict the forums to many of the users here. 

I think everyone should be able to post freely at anytime except the Trouble Makers.

This is only two reasonable ways to resolve this issue.

If you REALLY want to stop this then listen.

YOU have to eliminate the Heart of the problems. No im not talking about Kobe, Baltic, Rain, Danny or any of the others who are on these forums insulting people. Im talking about FISH Goldfish, Someone who has been impersonating people, spamming the forums continuously and much more, he is also Jet. HE is by far the MAIN reason these forums have been damaged. I mean you have thrown everything you could at Kobe, But he is too smart to get ip banned, the kid changes his IP everytime he logs on, hacks leagues for fun, truly believes hes the best thing on this planet, loves himself and insults anyone (even moderators), But Trust me if you can find a way to keep FISH out of flyordie (Which will be 100 times easier then getting Kobe out) Kobe wont be nearly as aggresive since there is noone to contend with him. And did you realize that most of the problems that have been occuring start with Fish cloning either Beppe, Rain, Kobe, or anyone else thats well known? We have also seen various ourbursts by Rain this month. 

OR

You could restrict new nics from posting for 3 days at the most, which will make it much easier to ban malicious users before they log on.

Please take my suggestions to heart.

TYVM.

Yeah sounds good to me, then we can have some decent people back on the forum. Honestly how sad can whoever is doing this get?
Just a little modifaction to what you said:

Is it possible for FOD to restrict everyone at the moment, then they take the restriction from those who they see as being pleasent posters etc. And those such as the names you have said would never get a post onto the forum?
>You could restrict new nics from posting for 3 days at the most, which will make it much easier to ban malicious users before they log on.

Now why would you create a new nick just to write that? It is rare that people who have just joined the site become regular forum users straight away, most of them are like you - people who have had other identities. 3 days makes it too easy for people like Kobe and Rain to return, so why suggest it unless you are afraid that it might hinder you?
cmon not all new nicks are bad :p im a good person :) but yes i kno what you guys mean gd idea ;) (I'd suggest a month after nick made for posting in forum by the way)
My suggestion is, and always has and will be, restricting the forum for subscribed names only. At least that would stop people like Kobe making a new name for the forum every day (I'm pretty sure he doesn't sub all these names:p)
yea, they need to do something, its so anoying having to have fod staff having to approve every post, gets real anoying

aggree with both options.
Well...i agree with bits and pieces of this information and as for restricting forums to members only...Not quite..how bout a MEMBERS ONLY Part of the forum? That way members who have to pay for there benifits have there own place to chat amongst themselves?

That's basically my suggestion;):). I'm glad at least someone seems to agree with me:D!