« Back to All Topics
Fighting West
Fighting West
Fighting West
Just to confirm we are fighting west...alpie :p

MadX-(
LOL. Sorry--I've been fighting north for so long it has become a habit. I start out west and then I get to thinking about something else and the next thing I know, I'm fighting north. Maybe I should stop thinking.

alpie
FWIW, I have started fighting south on the last square to get to the south port. 

Might as well finish off the bottom half of the island.

I agree with moonliter--clear up the south and combine forces for the northern assault.

Talitu
 begins tomorrow. Yess!

Esme  

Would start today but she needs more clicks....:p

i disagree with moonlighter.  i say open up the square to the west in the forest, get the table square open so we can start building that asap (temple will likely be built by the time we open the table square), and then feel free to clear south.  as of right now, there is no real point to clear south.
--jason
Jason, what 
exactly
 is the table? Am I to understand it is a teleport?  I'm all for a combined effort because the joys of success come quicker so unless this table is vital to the game why not clear in an orderly fashion,  from south to north?

Esme
>Jason, what exactly is the table?
i'm not totally sure myself.  i'm still trying to figure out the same thing.

>Am I to understand it is a teleport?
no, the teleport is i believe either just east of the most recently cleared forest square, or one south of that... if my memory serves me right.  but rumour has it the teleport isn't useful til you also have the northern component cleared and built as well.

>I'm all for a combined effort because the joys of success come quicker
yes, combined efforts are always fun

>so unless this table is vital to the game why not clear in an orderly fashion, from south to north?
the table is extremely vital to the game.
i've heard conflicting stories, the most recent being that it is not actually important til all of t.a. is cleared.  the only thing is, it is 1.5 million stones (if i remember correctly... maybe 1.2 mil... maybe 3 mil... i forget).  so it will take a long time to build.  and if we do end up losing too many nubs, you wouldn't want to have the table left unfinished.  so we should start it soon so it can be safely completed before the island is clear.
so i say open the table and let the building begin.  then i'm fine with going south to north.  of course, some will want the teleport opened up, and a number will go fight at the north port to start on the north city, working down to that teleport square.  so we may never all be working together again.  we'll see how it goes as time moves on.

--jason
one thing i forgot to mention... i have heard a little about the table.  but i am still trying to figure out its whole purpose.
but even in that, there's rumours the table may not even be programmed yet, or possibly programmed, but not finished testing?  i don't know.
if things go similarly to how the hungarian version is planned, there will be an attack of "trolls" (new monsters, even tougher than t.a. monsters for their lvl's), where somehow the table will be needed.  but thish reportedly won't happen til after t.a. is cleared.  of course, this is all heresay, so it may not all be relayed from one person to the next correctly.
the table will also allow for transferring items between char's (i'm not sure whether just on the same account, or between anyone at all) without having to use the market.  so that will be a convenience.  other than that, some of us speculate there should be more use for it, if it is as important as it has been made out to be (by talk and by size).  but i haven't heard of any other possible uses.
some day we'll know :p
--jason
Thanks for answering, Jason.  Now there is nothing like being in two minds!  Just as I was commiting Tali to moonliter's team I have to have a rethink!  The problem is 
believing
 that the number of nubs is finite. So if Xno. monsters=Xno.nubs=Xno.buildinstones=Xno.buildings,and we are on course to run short of nubs -what about the trolls?  Could they be carrying nubs to cover our shortages?  You see, it's hard to believe the game would build in such a discouraging snag without remedy.  And if there 
will
 be enough nubs to complete all the buildings on TA then part of your reasoning is irrelevant. But if the number of nubs 
is
 fixed then, logically, we have to follow the course of action you propose!  
Sorry, moonliter, but it's like pushing the button on 
Lost
- got to do it just in case.
So west it is. 

Esme :| 
>The problem is believing that the number of nubs is finite. So if Xno. monsters=Xno.nubs=Xno.buildinstones=Xno.buildings
the numbers have been crunched before.  but of course, that was a while ago, and tings may have changed.  basically, from numbers monty had given, there were a certain percent (maybe 5%... i'm making up a number here) extra nubs, compared to what will be needed for buildings.  but then there's things that happen like what Trouble recently ran into.  and some accidentally get bumped and lost from market.  and sometimes newbs buy them and then don't know what to do with them and drop them.  and probably a few have accidentally been sold at stores.

>and we are on course to run short of nubs
at first, i believe it looked like we'd be slightly short.  another calculation showed we're on track to end up with a few extra.  either later today, or more likely monday, i could possibly do another count, if i can dig up past counts of how many buildings are on t.a.
but anything i've heard from those in the know says nubs are definitely limited.  it is possible to be unable to finish a building or two.  people have said this isn't reasonable and there will be a way to finish if we run out, but these people are just optimists and guessing, from what i have seen.  i am a realist, and strongly believe once we're done the armies, that's it.

>what about the trolls? Could they be carrying nubs to cover our shortages?
i guess that's a possibility, but because we can build all the buildings with the armies we have, i highly doubt that trolls would carry nubs.

>You see, it's hard to believe the game would build in such a discouraging snag without remedy.
and you are one of the optimists :p

>if there will be enough nubs to complete all the buildings on TA then part of your reasoning is irrelevant.
i fully agree... but would rather not take the chance.  if/when i get in chat again (likely not for another week or more, as i will be internet-less at home for a week, and can't get in chat at work), i will hopefully talk to some people and see what i can find out.  i like to figure things out like this.

--jason
The Table....
is basically is a place where you can trade item
with other characters in the game

As for the teleport i cannot give you much information.

And as for fighting direction, me and a couple of others think 
we should just, head to the north port from where we are
(fighting west 2 blocks, north 2 blocks, west 1 block, then 
just north from then on, to the north port(11 blocks))....

MadX-(

P.S. there is room for a discussion if neccesary!!

The table is east of the recently built pub.

And the table will be 3.5 million stones
i thought a while ago the table was north of the pub... the begining of this post says it is west and now someone says east!!!!   I really want to see this 'table' and assist in it clearing and construction... can someone 'officially' state where exactly this table is so those of us who think it is vital to be built can clear and build it?

dont mean to be short but with all the talk and speculation,  an official awnser on its location is vital to successful completion of it.  thank you
first i doubt u will ever get an offical answer around here and i dont know where east f the pub came from thats where the teleport gate is not table