« Back to All Topics
System Tournaments
Posted in 
Billiards
System Tournaments
Posted in 
Billiards
System Tournaments
I think that 8-Ball system tournaments should run every week not every fortnight...

can people please give me their opinions about that:p

Thnks,

Pool Guru™ A.K.A John:)
Stop with your topics u r crap anyway and will never win 12 championships like me Kobe :)
It depends do you mean subsribed ones or free ones?
subscribed....and die trying i dont cvare about wot u think about me pal....its not for me its for others too eediattt!:p
Agreed i don't think this is a pointless post.

Anyway, it isn't hard for more tournaments to be included, as more and more people use FOD i believe that more touraments should be brought in, especially in the popular games.

And maybe even 1 tournament for snooker lite, just to see how it goes and if it should be kept on.
Agreed.

Thats why less and less people are beginning to use snooker lite because FOD arent makeing lge rooms,tournament etc so people can go ahead and give it a try!:(;\
I think even rated tournaments could be something to look into i.e. tournaments for greenballs etc.

however that would bring the problem of people creating nicks for specific tournaments so im not sure how it would be regulated.

Definately needs looking at thoug, the subject of tournaments, after all FOD should be aiming to improve the service that they offer continuously to increase the enjoyment experienced by the players.
Lol i love how you said tournament for green balls chris, a hint that you wanna enter :D?
>Thats why less and less people are beginning to use snooker lite because FOD arent makeing lge rooms,tournament etc

I never knew that people only played a game because of system tourneys? It's about time FoD worked out how to make a knockout system, the current method makes it too easy for people to cheat.
Beppe....if there wasnt lges etc....ppl wont know about the actual game so ppl can encourage others to play the actual game by making tourneys!!

does it look like there are snooker lite tourney!?

and how much ppl are in a room of snooker lite...38?;\

I rest my case:p
Die tryin stop tryina be me u dumb@ss
I think that it will also be a good idea to actually stop people watching you're games during tournments because usually the opponent might have a mate who is watching and he will ask them to start chatting to the other person because theyre losing:|,

Pool Guru™ A.K.A John:p
>Beppe....if there wasnt lges etc....ppl wont know about the actual game so ppl can encourage others to play the actual game by making tourneys!!

Actually, people only know about the leagues because they already play the game. How else would people know that they exist?

>I think that it will also be a good idea to actually stop people watching you're games during tournments because usually the opponent might have a mate who is watching and he will ask them to start chatting to the other person because theyre losing

Two reasons why that's a crock of turd:
1 - If people are put off by talking they can use mute
2 - It's easier for people to cheat if no one is allowed to watch.

You did ask for opinions ;)
yeah but u also have the links to "join" leages!!

how else will u find oout about the tournament?:s
"Lol i love how you said tournament for green balls chris, a hint that you wanna enter"

not really as obviously it can be for any rating as i pointed out when i said tournaments for specific ratings hence the use of "i.e" as a method of giving an example.
" how to make a knockout system"

yes i agree but it's hard to implement.

It's hardly fair if some red ball gets paired with a black in the first round. 

I feel a method of creating a tournament that's beneficial to the lower rnaked players is needed too. 

Also another point is that i think maybe shot times should be halved to help he games run along quicker.
>yes i agree but it's hard to implement.

That why I said "work out how to"...

So what is the pairing are unfair? The bigger complaint is that higher rated players may end up together and allow lesser ones to proceed. Given that ratings do not necessarily equal ability, I don't think they shouldbe brough into it at all.
Yh Beppe i can see your point there, not sure how they would do this, but maybe having group matches, let's say 6 in each group. Top 2 go through to the next stage etc.

Maybe a little hard to actually pull off such a thing but the tournaments definately need spicing up somehow.
Just a knockout system would be a start, work out other factors afterwards.
nothing wrong with looking into all alternatives...
In theory in a knockout tournament the best player should win regardless of who is he playing.

The re programming to make this work would definaly be diffrent from anything currently on FlyOrDie. They would have to create a program that forces people to play each other and not allow people to join a tournametn in progress, for all we know they are working on it right now but,

FlyOrDie does NOT communicate with its players !!

Such a dumb position.

Snipe
There's no harm in trying anything new, i mean if it doesn't work it doesn't work, so FOD don't do it again and they try something else. 
   It's about time they sent a questionnaire out or something to find out what they people who really matter, the players, think about certain things on the games.
"There's no harm in trying anything new, i mean if it doesn't work it doesn't work"

Like homósexuality :D
Interesting example.. i guess you can't say it's not appliable as an example
>There's no harm in trying anything new

You think that the problem is them not wanting to try something new? Think more along the lines of project planning, and programming costs. With the number of games they have, I doubt they have the time and resources to focus on just one game.
So does that not imply that updates and new features will never come for any one game?
Yea but Beppe, if anything makes FlyorDie well known, its the billiards area, the other games have very few players.
I should have added: they do look at areas which they can improve, but in the time I have been here no major single change (in terms of programming complexity) has been made. That doesn't mean that there will not be any changes, but it doesn't seem as if they hire a programmer dedicated to just one project. It's been a long time since the last update (not included changing the snooker rooms around), and that just added the dots for the colours and the changed the respot to make it like in the real game. OP has already said that they are looking at some ideas, including a reconnection feature. Maybe they have been busy since the last change and will suprise us with a nice update package... although the game is pretty good as it is imho.
"will suprise us with a nice update package"

I'm all for that

let's hope it does happen ;)

Just a thought, couldn't the forum have a kind of updates section in which the op or whoever gives occasional announcements on what's being updated/improved etc. ?
They did have a section for that, but no one ever posted there so it was removed. OP does answer questions if you ask him sensible things in the forum.

At the end of the day this is the best site on the internet (that I know of) for snooker and pool. We all have different interpretations of the changes we would like, but in all honesty I think FoD already have a pretty good product.
"They did have a section for that, but no one ever posted there so it was removed. OP does answer questions if you ask him sensible things in the forum."

Thank you for answering that Beppe, guess my inexperience
shows there :D

And i still think that if FOD is the best they should still strive for excellence before someone comes and overtakes them :)
I spoke to one of the admins about an update, and aparntly there is a major update coming soon, but he wouldn't tell me any more than that.
ooooo a buzz of excitement goes around the forums :)

thanks for the info hara ;)
Thanks all who gave me theyre opinions about this topic;),

Many Thanks,

Pool Guru™ A.K.A. JOhn:p