« Back to All Topics
insults
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
insults
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
insults
hello am new ere,today i was challenged to a game of snooker,the person gave me allsorts of abuse callin me a pedophile and sayin i rape my kids like my dad raped me,i was appuled and abit destressed afterwards,i can find the spellin of the boys name if needed,but he should not be in these rooms talkin like that,as some people who have been thru that sort of shockin abuse would find it extremly out of order and very upseting, please wb
Did you take a screenshot? If so send to moderator@flyordie.com 

If not..then theres nothing that can be done without proof! So in the future if ever come across abuse, take a screenshot (which can be done bu pressing the Print Scrn SysRq key on your keyboard. Its located below the F12 button :) and then open up a picture program such as Paint or Paint Shop Pro and then pasting it, and obv saving etc etc and then send to moderator@flyordie.com)

:)
Simyard,

To make screenshot "Prnt Scrn" key.

Ignore his "SysRq" comment, they may or may not be the same key and not nessisarley next to the F12. Mine is along bottom row with the space bar.

It would also be nice to the moderators if you hit "Alt" + "Prnt Scrn" so it only captures your active screen and them save it on a picture program such as paint in a "jpeg" format.

Snipe
Or a "nuke this person's house" button:).
Or a "nuke this person's house" button:).

That button would be very handy :p
Ok let's make some things clear:

1. There are far too many insults/sick comments/bad behavior/unsportsmanship and most people agree that FoD is not doing enough to curb that.
(As a side note, today I met one ElCagon in a snooker game, a real sick character that should be avoided.)
2. I understand that sending an email to the moderator or sdy else at FoD doesn't help by itself to somehow isolate those bad guys, rather some kind of "proof" is needed.
3. What puzzles me: advices to send a screenshot! Does that mean that the FoD does not have the technical means to check the log and find the proof?? And to talk about (easily forged) ss's on this medium where all emails in the world are logged and software-screened for an outlawed content!
4. Those FoD rules of behavior are nicely laid out but they are as good as being enforced. So if the people who should enforce the rules and punish the bad guys are the moderators, I reckon that most people agree there are too few of them. My question is, are they paid for that or is it on voluntary basis? If the latter, that would explain them being somewhat lax.

Ok people, pls talk to me. Tx.
Ok. Let's sort it out.

1. There are far too many insults/sick comments/bad behavior/unsportsmanship and most people agree that FoD is not doing enough to curb that.

FOD doesn't have 24 hour coverage. So choosing extra mods would be an option, but they must undergo an extensive, watchful period. I would assum they are keeping a close eye on some players by now.

2. I understand that sending an email to the moderator or sdy else at FoD doesn't help by itself to somehow isolate those bad guys, rather some kind of "proof" is needed.

Proof. A screen shot would be best. As you stated in #3.

3. What puzzles me: advices to send a screenshot! Does that mean that the FoD does not have the technical means to check the log and find the proof?? And to talk about (easily forged) ss's on this medium where all emails in the world are logged and software-screened for an outlawed content!

I doubt FlyOrDie has a chat log. Some moderators claim they do but none have yet to prove it. I've tested it numerous times: swearing in rooms not occupied by any other users .. And screen shots are easily forged. I showed many players shots of themselves breaking the rules, though never submitted. I still got banned for quoting someone, changing a coupe of words, and stating to send in fake shots. Obviously some mods have no sense of humor. So don't do that. ;)

4. Those FoD rules of behavior are nicely laid out but they are as good as being enforced. So if the people who should enforce the rules and punish the bad guys are the moderators, I reckon that most people agree there are too few of them. My question is, are they paid for that or is it on voluntary basis? If the latter, that would explain them being somewhat lax.

Moderators volunteer their time to watch us. They don't get paid anything. They do get an unlimited subscription to FlyOrDie games and a better customer satisfaction.

Hope this answers all your questions. I think it'll probably get deleted after a mod reads it because they are afraid of the truth.
I can only really speak from a Larkinor point of view:

The mods we have do a good job. They are here on a voluntary basis to help improve our game time (free sub is scant renumeration for what they deal with). 

It is not too much hassle to send a screenshot in to provide evidence of misdemeanours and they are dealt with on a fairly prompt basis. On the subject of fake screenshots, these are pointless and if spotted (which they often are ;)) will result in a ban. On checking the logs, this may be possible I do not know, however a sending a screenshot is a quick process.

On the occasions we are faced with a particularly bad offended, if a mod is contactable through MSN they will nearly always do a drive by resulting in ban/demerit within 5 minutes. Further when this has not been possible if you look for a mod in other game rooms they too will pop by to deal with any offenders.

KmS

(sorry for posting here but our gaming is not just the responsibility of mods, it is easy enough for us to help out with screenshots and if people can't be bothered with this then we have little room to complain)
Tx PeIσn and KmS.

Let me stress that I do NOT plan to create fake ss's, merely pointing to the fact that surely there is a lot of malicious accusations (lots of wierd ppl out there). The reference to the logs would be more sound, legally speaking.

So it's ss time.

Still some questions:
a. Is the only way to contact a mod through moderator@flyordie.com?
b. I understand that they have a red exclamation mark next to the nick; however, at least in chess and snooker I've seen extremely few of them around in the past 1.5 years - maybe 4 or 5 - and I've been online a lot. That rules out the option of soliciting their immediate help, even in the neighboring rooms. Is there some link to the list of all the mods?
c. Are mods the mods for one game or all of them?
d. I appreciate that they volunteer their time, believe me I can imagine what that means. But this raises a question: why on earth there are not more of them then??

Sorry for being picky, just trying to take part in the "responsibility for the site" part.

Tx again.
Does that mean that the FoD does not have the technical means to check the log and find the proof?
? 
Yes there are chat logs.  They are very tedious and include all of your PMs, so they also can be very personal to read.  These are only consulted in extreme cases.  Someone sitting there reading all chat logs for all games in all rooms just isn't logical.

Is the only way to contact a mod through moderator@flyordie.com?

That is the best way to contact us, unless you have our MSN contact.  KMS is right you can pop into another room/game and ask a Mods help.

Are mods the mods for one game or all of them?

All mods can monitor chat and take action in any game.

Thank you KMS for your sage advice.  Remember the mute button is there for a reason.  (hmmm wouldn't a mute button in RL be nice?)
LadyDie..!

(ponders what the flower command is :|)

I love you.. :p
Thanks LadyDie.

Just to clarify that I meant the logs could be consulted only in the case of a complaint, not read from the beginning to the end all the time.

That's it from me for the time being.
Id say 50 complaints a day.

So 50 times a day they would have to sort through about 400,000 messages.

For free I might add.

Sounds un reasonable.

But I have good news.

[img=
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/TrA_Guru/mute1.jpg
]

or

[img=
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/TrA_Guru/817c0bad.jpg
]

And as many have mentioned before, other gaming sites don't have moderators or mute buttons.

Snipe