« Back to All Topics
connection
Posted in 
Technical
connection
Posted in 
Technical
connection
What can i do to fix the problem with the connection, i haved played snooker for 3 weeks and havent played one game without getting this massage:"connection to server broken" and i have played 20-30 games and everyone have worked for 5-10 min. before that message came.
I  have try to deleted all the temp. internett files and the the log, and i allsow have run a spy wear program but nothing seems to work, i haved allso sent at mail to flyordie but i havent get answer from them.
I need "HELP" :)
Make sure you are not behind firewall.

and what's your internet connection?
Wait until Beppe gets on, he'll know what you should do;).
lmao indeed

except his number one problem is spyware but he's said he's run a spyware checker.

So beppe will have to think :D
I have shut down the firewall and no help with that, i have adsl internett connection.
need HELP:)
No offence but dont listen to chris, he made my comp 10x worse :|
1. I give advice on what is said and shouldn't be blamed for anything that happens. If i was to say "oh it could be the registry" and this person goes and messes about with it i can't be blamed.
2. I havn't said one solution on this topic, so i don't see why i shouldn't be listened to.
>except his number one problem is spyware
Chris, if you don't know what you are talking about, stay quiet. Spyware is a common cause of problem on FoD, it has nothing to do with what I have to say.

What Spyware program are you using, and did you update the definitions? Have you run a virus scan with latest definitions? What other programs are you running as well, such as file transfer programs? Are you connected via a hub or router, or directly to the ADSL box? Hoe much RAM do you have, and if you know how to check how much is free? Answer those first.
Lol sorry beppe it wasn't meant as having a go at you

i have to think that you are the best with the technical answers

i just wanted to know what other solutions you had

sorry if it came out as an indulting remark ;)
>i have to think that you are the best with the technical answers

I am not the best, I am the only one of those with an idea who bothers to answer. Vlad got it right as to why - you try to help and people just shout at you all the time.
i know what you mean i got a lil abuse because i supposedly destroyed someone's computer :S

and it was just my opinion, i think you're the most efficient when giving answers and offer the most depth.

Nothing wrong with that :D

>i got a lil abuse because i supposedly destroyed someone's computer 

I have to be honest, I saw the advice you gave - it was good in principle, but with professional experience I can tell you it was a bad idea...

Advice on helping people Chris:
1 - if you are unsure about something it's best to say nothing, or make it clear that you are unsure.
2 - NEVER offer advice that could cause irreversable damage to someone's PC, or if you KNOW it's their ONLY option, make the dangers clear.

Otherwise, it's good to see people who want to help others
i think the event in question was when i advised to maybe system restore to an earlier point.

If this did affect the computer i told the person to just undo the restore therefore the problem would be resolved. Neither do i advise on bogus information. If it was not this event i would be intersted to see what advice i did give that somehow wrecked someone's computer.

I would never give advice if it would be dangerous to the system etc. such as changing the registry 

Like you've said before it's usually one of the normal suspects. Spyware, java, etc. 
And thank you for your advice Beppe :)
hi am getting cut off all the time is it the fly or die server got broadband 2mg connection anybody any ideas
Have you read all the repies in this topic...?
Thanks for the answear and help, i was using connection trough the router and not directly to the adsl modem, when i connecting directly to the modem it was no problem and i can play a full game..:)
Why cant i play with the connection true the router? 
>Why cant i play with the connection true the router? 

One of three likely reasons, in no particular order:

You have 1 or more other computers connected to the router, and they are taking a lot of the bandwidth. Look out especially for programs like Limewire or Kazaa being run on these computers. Someone else had this problem and discovered that their children downloading music on another PC was the cause.

Your router is not very good or not working well. It may be breaking up data packets, which may not be noticeable for other internet applications but WILL cut FoD connections. My previous router did this, and my problems stopped when I replaced it.

One of the cables or connections is not good. This can be ANY cable connected the router or your network system. A faulty cable or poor connection will cause a massive increase in network traffic and give you problems. An example is the corporate network I used to work on - we had massive wireless problems in one building and could not work out what was wrong. It turned out that one of the high speed optical cables into a minor server was faulty, and nothing to do with the wireless system at all.

I hope this helps :)
Beppe.

Please, can I can you Bappe.
I can't say for certain as you don't make sense, but I am sure the answer will be no.
Check your flash plug-in;-) 

P.S.:That was my problem
You know Beppe,
Bappe as in "that girl has nice/big baps" sort of thing.

I await your answer,
Suit.
You're sick suit, sit down and shut up.
Your a constructive fellow this evening.