« Back to All Topics
calamities.
calamities.
calamities.
ok i dont know about teh rest of you but i only tend to be bothered about 2 of the 4 calamities. paralysis and to a much lesser extend disease.

poison doesnt actually affect me as i have a miracle satchel and curse quite frankly i dont bother with unless i have one of the other to get rid of.

anyone else agree with me that some of the calamities arent really that efective?
nno i dont agree with you thanks
they are all effective, to their own degrees.  but like you, i only heal when i have paralysis or disease (and not even all the time when i have disease).  but poison does affect mages if they're not holding a miracle satchel, and curse affects diggers (and also everyone, if you get enough curse... talk to people who fight on t.a.)
--jason
if you are a lower lvl poison can kill you in a couple of clicks

agreed im not on TA yet so was speaking froma Larki point of view :) so thanks for that. Monty id appreciate why you dont agree if its not too much trouble. id like to hear why not.

and in all fairness my diogger doesnt fight enough to gegt cursed lol, i try an keep my robber outta trouble too.

good point for mages with poison too. forgot they'd most likely have a mana satchel and not a miricle but if they have a subtatoo then again this would mean high level mages dont have to worry about it 
I disagree for a number of reasons try having alot of curse on larki or on ta and you will notice your abilities diminish which equals a quick death.
i remember in another psot concerning luck in combat that your scatter tends to fall at the low end and your enimies at the higher yet most of the time my luck does not get that high to make a visible difference. asi said i heal it when i am paralysed or diseased on occasion so it rarely rises into double figures 
Eh calamities don't bother me much. On TA (the only place I fight) I don't get disease so that's out. I only heal if I have 5+ paralysis or so they start getting double hits on me due to curse. I can fight with 99 curse and poison good but if I get 1 paralysis, that is when they start doubling. So basically, every two necromancers I drink an aqua dei. :p
i don't know how to get rid of posion no matter what i do i can't seem to get rid of it.

As I'm fairly certain you were told in chat the answer to that is in the FAQ in the HELP file.

Good Luck

KmS