« Back to All Topics
appropriate waiting
appropriate waiting
appropriate waiting
about how long do you think the appropriate wait time is for a thief who stole from a much stronger char to stand around before it's safe to say they aren't going to womp you..... 
as has been said before... this is entirely a matter of personal preference.  my opinion?  if they're much higher lvl, they shouldn't even need to go get pvp stuff, so they should be able to thump you immediately.  then there's the whole steal/run/hide/logoff discussion... i say feel free to run, and possibly even hide if you want to lose a bit of respect from some, but try not to logoff immediately.  20, 50, 100 clicks... something to say you're hanging around continuing to steal instead of hiding if you want to be known as an "honourable thief" (but really, isn't that an oxymoron?)  so do whatever you think is "fair".
--jason
sounds pretty reasonable.  I'm actually pretty stunned I didn't get womped after stealing 35k off someone..... they were on the same square as me for a while too after they stopped showing up near me I suddenly became 35k richer :D
could be that they had someone else already as an evil person, and weren't able to take revenge on you for your steal.
--jason
...could also be that they were such a high level that it wasn't worth the clicks to retrieve the $35k or recover their lost pride...
how long is a piece of string :D:D:D

Uhh, twice the length of half it's size? :D
> I'm actually pretty stunned I didn't get womped after stealing 35k off someone..

I feel that if you are going to rob/steal then you should take your lumps too. Now on the other hand, if my char is low on clicks I will run like the wind to avoid a fight and get stuck out of house for the night. Otherwise it is all part of the game. 

> I feel that if you are going to rob/steal then you should take your lumps too. Now on the other hand, if my char is low on clicks I will run like the wind to avoid a fight and get stuck out of house for the night. Otherwise it is all part of the game. 

Just curious... you do know that you don't lose clicks while dueling, right?

(At least I'm assuming, never checked myself, but that's what the help file says!)
>(At least I'm assuming, never checked myself, but that's what the help file says!)

Well, to be honest I never really read the help file unless I needed help. Most of the noobs asked the questions for me so I jut read the forum posts.
Thanks 
:o)

The attacker uses clicks, the defender does not. SUch is the price of agression ;)

As to why the victim didn't attack--perhaps he or she was a digger with no weapons and/or not enough skill to use weapons appropriate to their level. 

alpie (just guessing, or course) 
lol i do same with robbing and stealing. if the person is a higher level i dont tend to care, besides the only thing they ever rob are cure pots an mobilidoxins as thats all i ever put in my house lol.
Is there any reason you just don't say who the person was so they can answer the question directly and definitively and let this thread die?!

Sandy