« Back to All Topics
Anti-Grav Boots
Anti-Grav Boots
Anti-Grav Boots
So I was about 400 clicks from level 54 when I decided to perform a few experiments with anti-grav boots.

1) I took off my level 51 boots and put them back on again, then moved around the map until they activated.  It took 87 clicks (although I should mention that this included a trip to TA on a level 3 boat... which may matter since only 1 in 3 boat clicks decreased my number of playable clicks).

2) I removed the boots, put them back on, then spent 150 clicks on my inventory screen putting a silver on my head over and over again trying to activate the boots that way.  No luck... I guess they thought of that one!

3) I removed the boots and put them back on again, then clicked around and fought normally until they activated.  It took 67 clicks this time, although I was half-way to TA on that same level 3 boat when it happened (geez, I wish I stayed off that boat for this).

4) I then built the new boots, even though I was still only level 53.  I had intended to put on the level 54 boots to see if they would activate, but as it turned out I forgot to put them on after building them.  I spent about 300 clicks fighting all the way to level 54 (figuring the boots weren't activating because I wasn't level 54 yet), then just kept on fighting (still not noticing my misktake) until I had spent about 200 clicks on level 54 waiting for the boots to activate.  Only then did I notice that I had spent all that time fighting with a silver on my feet.  Duh.  So this test remains undone.  Hopefully someone else can try it out:  Build your next level of boots two or three hundred clicks early, then try activating them while you're still on the lower level.

6) I removed the boots and put them on again, then just clicked east and west over and over again waiting for them to activate.  I spent 75 clicks doing this before I ran out... the boots didn't activate.  Tomorrow I intend to keep removing my boots and reactivating them over and over again to get a better idea of the number of clicks required.  If anyone else wants to help out with this, avoid the mistake I made and make sure you only remove your boots with a sufficient number of clicks to reactivate them before you run out for the day!

Sandy

Got my first pair of anti-grav boots today, they took 87 clicks to activate.

KmS
What is the point of taking off and re-activating the boots?  I am trying to build a pair and don't know all the ins and outs yet.  Appreciate any help.  
hey jay long time no see, anyway they are taking them on and off to see how many clicks it takes to activate them. see when you make them it takes a # of clicks for them to activate and give you the extra clicks.
Antigrav boots are only available every three levels.  At level 42 you can get the antigrav boots which offer protection 57, which happens to be the same as the alternative boots available at that level.  However, at levels 43 and 44, new boots are available, offering increasingly better protection than your level 42 antigrav boots.  If you want to keep your bonus clicks from the antigrav boots, you will probably forego the extra protection offered by the boots for the new levels.

Furthermore, the antigrav boots at level 42 are the ONLY antigrav boots which are equal (in terms of protection) to the alternative boots available at that same level.  The level 45 boots are -2 protection, the level 48 boots are -4, the level 51 boots are -6, and so on.

Anyway, those are reasons to want TWO pairs of boots and switch between them.  If it takes too many clicks to reactivate them, this may not be a valid strategy.  Thus my interest in finding out how many clicks it takes, and my interest in finding out if a higher level of antigrav boots can be activated by a lower level character!

Switching daily is probably not a great idea, but imagine saving up a few weeks worth of clicks (with the boots on), then switching to the better protection boots available at your level and going on a click-spending rampage.  True, the advantage I'm talking about is likely a small on, but even the smallest advantage over a long period of time adds up to something significant.

Sandy
sandy your never gonna rest until you know everything about larki are ya? i hope not casue your an inspiration to us all!!
Personally, i think Sandy is just a scientist at heart. I'll bet he is like this in other areas of his life, too. Do you drive your wife crazy, Sandy?

alpie (a statistician who appreciates the urge)
> Do you drive your wife crazy, Sandy?

I respectfully decline to answer the question, as I honestly believe my answer might tend to incriminate me. 

The "slim advantage" that I was talking about is not as slim as I originally thought.  Depending on your level (either equal to the level of the antigrav boots, or +1 or +2 levels higher), the difference in your overall protection can be as high as about 5% of your total protection score.  Which doesn't sound very small to me.  It's pretty much the same amount of protection you get from the magic hull... which no one would dream of fighting without anymore.

Sandy

>sandy your never gonna rest until you know everything about larki are ya?
i'll bet he'll write his own version of a very similar game within a few years :p
--jason
Unless I am missing something, a player who wore the boots consistently would accrue the equivalent of 2-4 days clicks over the course of a subscription period.  Not bad, considering that few players with the minimum lvl42 characters would be planning to not review their sub.

For a non-sub, the benefit is even higher.  A non-sub accumlates the equivalent of a day's clicks at twice the rate of a sub.  Question, how many non-sub lvl42+ characters are out their?
I am not an idiot. I can spell, and I know the difference between "renew" and "review" as well as "thier" and "there."  Its 2am, and I hit "post" instead of "preview."  Maybe I am an idiot. :)

> A non-sub accumlates the equivalent of a day's clicks at twice the rate of a sub.

Actually, subs get twice the number of clicks from boots than non-subs do.  A level 42 character on a subbed account with level 42 antigrav boots would get 20 bonus clicks per day.  This is an extra day's worth of clicks every 6 weeks (842 / 20 = 42 days).

A level 42 character on a non-subbed account with level 42 antigrav boots would get 10 bonus clicks her day.  This adds up to an extra day's worth of clicks every 7 weeks (500 / 10 = 50 days).

I suppose I should include that tidbit about double clicks for the subscriber on my site somewhere!

Sandy

Thanks Sandy.  I had assumed that the designers had decided that the relatively increased benefit for non-subs would never be enough to persuade a sub not to renew their account.  

But, it is nice to know that subs get the 20 clicks.  I think, I will definitely get the antigravs at lvl42.
ok sandy i tried it out for justin today . He put on his shiney newly polished golden boots on. Went and collected the balloon :p for 239 clicks then poof the boots take affect :)

ria :p

hope this has helped
Hi Mont. Good to see you too.  Sorry so long to reply but i have been away.  

Thanks to everyone for the info, esp. Sandy.  You all are EXTREMELY helpful.

Jay