« Back to All Topics
robbing vs digging
robbing vs digging
robbing vs digging
many of the guides here say digging is a fast way to get money for the lower levels and that at higher levels diggers are the best way to make money.

having only recently started the game i now have my 4 characters. fighter, mage, digger and robber.

in teh earlier levels i must say that my robber is making double what my digger made at those levels, with the added bonus for bieng able to kill things that are harder than a mammutfly or lumpant. you dont get double hit either, another bonus.

robbing is a lot more expensive but i have made no transfers and even after a shakey start my robber is 40k up with a house and diamond mail shirt. all at level 5 almost 6. it took my digger that long to get the money for a mail shirt, never mind the rest of it.

there is more risk involved and you do spend a lot of time at low health yet robbing has got to be by far the quickest way to make money at least from levels 1-10 if not further.

when they are of even levls i intend to undertake a test to see who is the better earner. as for now in 100 clicks my diger won by 3k silver but is 4 levels higher. with another 12 attribute points +missions i think the robber will win it

> in teh earlier levels i must say that my robber is making double what my digger made at those levels, with the added bonus for bieng able to kill things that are harder than a mammutfly or lumpant. you dont get double hit either, another bonus.

Diggers because of their luck helps hit monsters even without the weapon skill required. They do around 1/2 - 3/4 damage compared to what they do with weapon skill. So as you level you will still be able to kill things that your robber might have killed 2 lvls back. Because of the luck variable when it comes to who hits first, there is big fluctuations. This range therefore means diggers might be double hit one round, and hit first the next. Though robbing may be better in the lower levels, in the long term digging is a more risk free and better way of making money.
Hehe...now I just have to get into this...

I've never really looked with any great care at the total cash I get from a days clicks, I'd guess on a good day somewhere north of 750k? A bad day would never yield less than 500k. 
High level diggers would be mildly upset at those figures for a days clicks I'd imagine.
Robbers also suffer from the fact that they spend the majority of their time on 10% of their HP and are a lot more likely to suffer a "sneak up" death from a critter..we tend to get click happy on our favorite blocks.
Supporting a robber through the early levels is more difficult as theres crowbars to be bought, ranks to be paid for, as well as paying for equipment upgrades etc.

BUT!!! (isnt there always a but:p)

Every now and then a robber can get all those lovely jewels without ever buying a shovel...if you know where the diggers live!
Theres always a chance of getting a big haul, and my personal favorite...the "ner-ner-ner-ner-ner-NER" effect when you do! My own biggest rob in financial terms was 16 million of goods.

So for making cash, digging is the better option...but I prefer my crowbars:)

Cinder

(Not a digger)
so diggings better for a constant but you can get lucky robbing and nail em lol. sounds like a matter of luck
You're robber's only making money because of the extra money they get from nails. If you didn't include the nails, how much would the comparison be? Even though it won't be for a long time, they are bound to stop distributing them if all the buildings are done.
yeah the nails are a source of wealth. but think, how long till everything is built? by which time my robber will be robbing peoples houses with decent results.

the nails are a means to an end